- All animal products used in the EU must be approved by the national agricultural authority of an EU country.
- Nidacon applied last summer for EU approval of its equine semen extender.
- The extender contains bovine milk powder manufactured by an Argentinian company.
- Both the Argentinian company and its milk powder are approved by the EU authorities.
- The EU approved milk powder is used by BotuPharma in Brazil to manufacture the semen extender.
- Now despite the highest production standards of BotuPharma, the semen extender available from Nidacon is not approved until the manufacturer BotuPharmais approved by the EU authorities.
- BotuPharma is now actively applying for listing as an EU approved company.
- Nidacon is awaiting a swift approval of BotuPharma and the extender in Europe.
- Unfortunately, this problem has come at the start of the equine AI-season.
- BotuCrio is produced in Sweden and is not affected by the import regulations.
Search Our Site
There are no upcoming events.